Live Local! brings expert tips, trends and practical advice from the local businesses, artists and nonprofits that help make Tampa Bay a bright, vibrant community. The semi-annual LocalShops1 publication is produced with KnowHowe. LocalShops1, founded in 2008, is an award-winning company that is regularly recognized as Tampa Bay’s leading advocate for local businesses.
If you'd like us to consider your photograph, illustration or story idea, please submit the form below. We will contact you if we find the work to be a good fit for Live Local!
About the publication
• Live Local! is a high-end publication that comes out in print twice a year (spring/summer and fall/winter issues). In addition, online-only articles are published weekly on LocalShops1.com and on the magazine's website. Our publication reaches more than 50,000 readers in print and online.
• Live Local! is targeted at active, creative and successful residents and business owners of the Tampa Bay region, ages 20-75 years old, as well as civic and political leaders, tourists and seasonal residents.
We accept ideas for submissions from local experts and freelance writers on the following topics: Dining & Cooking, Local Non-Profits, Local Art & Music, Home Decor, Real Estate, Auto Care, B2B Advice, Health & Beauty, Fashion, Pets, Finance, Technology, Shopping and Why Local Matters.
We are looking for consumer-oriented, locally focused, news-you-can-use type of articles. Examples: recipes with locally sourced ingredients, neighborhood spotlights, tips for staging a home, etc.
• Story and photo ideas are accepted via the form below. Email submissions will not be accepted.
• Include suggested headlines, subheads and a brief summary (2-3 sentences).
• Include suggestion for photographs and artwork that may enhance the presentation of your article.
• Allow 2-4 weeks for a response.
• Expert Voices: Writer receives byline and extended tagline that includes the business name, address, phone number and website. These are written by industry experts working in that field. For example, a restaurant owner or chef may submit an article on cooking tips, or a home-staging expert may submit article on quick ways to spruce up a kitchen. No monetary payment is offered for Expert Voices.
• Freelance Writing: Pay (starting at $25 for 350-word article) is offered for original articles not previously published. Articles published elsewhere receive only byline.
• Illustrations & Photography: Artist receives credit line only for work that has been published before. Payment offered only for commissioned work, with terms to be agreed upon prior to work being submitted.
Live Local! prefers original work not previously published in print or online. If your work has already been published, please note in the form below (and include where/when it was published). LocalShops1 and Live Local! reserve the right to use the work in print and online, as they deem appropriate.
• Expert Voices: Work may not be published elsewhere in the Tampa Bay region within 3 months of publication on Live Local!
• Freelance Writing: Work created for Live Local! becomes the property of LocalShops1 and Live Local! and may not be published elsewhere without the written consent of LocalShops1. Work that had been previously published before remains the property of the writer.
• Photography & Illustrations: Work that was created for Live Local! becomes the property of LocalShops1 and may not be published elsewhere without the written consent of LocalShops1. Work that had been previously published before remains the property of the artist.