LS1 Finalist for Biz Tech Award, March 2011
Saturday, April 2, 2011
Posted by: Ester Venouziou
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — LocalShops1.com was announced a BizTech finalist in Tampa Bay Business Journal's Biz Summit Awards. The company was one of 12 businesses chosen for Best Use of Social Media by the newspaper and the Tampa Bay Technology Forum.The awards were presented in March 17, 2011, in Tampa.
Best use of social media finalists are:
• Direct Media Strategies
• Find and Convert
• Gallagher & Associates Law Firm PA
• Ken Walters Promotions & Products
• Mindclay Creative (winner)
• ShoutOUT Tampa Bay
• Tampa General Hospital Foundation
• The Wealth Building Annex Inc.
• YourMembership.com Inc.
"We’re so honored to be included in this list,’ said Ester Venouziou,
LocalShops1.com founder. "Social media has been a huge factor in
helping us promote our members and helping us get the message out the
importance of supporting local businesses.’
The finalists and winners in the other categories were:
Innovation of the year
• Ambient Technologies Inc.- ATI Energia division
• Bay Stage Lighting
• Cryo-Cell International Inc.
• Insight Mapping Systems
• Tech Data
• WaterOptimizer Inc. (winner)
Best website for generating business and leads
• Bayshore Solutions for client Jacobsen Homes
• CNC Ventures Inc. dba Timeshare Lifestyle
• McNichols Co.
• Tampa Downtown Partnership
• Wildfire Marketing Group
Best collaboration (between a technology firm and client)
• Bayshore Solutions/Catalina Marketing
• BrightApp Inc./Ident-A-Kid
• Career Technical Education Foundation Inc./ Science Center of Pinellas County
• Fintech/distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol
• Florida Creative Alliance/production partners of "The Evening Room”
• Haneke Design/The St.Petersburg Times and TampaBay.com
• Magnetic/World Endurance Sports
• Science Center of Pinellas County/Raytheon
CEO of a technology company
• Jennifer Bakunas/Magnetic
• Todd R. Daviau/CoreRx Inc.
• Leslie Haywood/eBridge Solutions Inc.
• Ian Ippolito/vWorker.com
• Jane Mason/eMASON Inc.
• Phara McLachlan/Animus Solutions Inc.
• Greg Papandrew/The Bare Board Group Inc.
• David Schlaifer/Doctors Administrative Solutions