Posted By LocalShops1,
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
| Comments (0)
The first-ever Gulfport Chefs Table, an outdoor fine-dining experience, is set for 6-10 pm Monday, October 3, 2016 (Rain date Monday, October 10). The event, a fundraiser for CASA, highlights Gulfport’s food scene and features the offerings of nine local restaurants and chefs at a long community table set up in the center of Beach Boulevard in Gulfport’s historic Waterfront District.
Each participating restaurant/chef has created a four-course prix fixe menu ranging in price from $40 to $80 per person, plus tax. Prices include wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverage choices. Participating restaurants are Backfin Blue Cafe, Boca Bay Grille, Fish Bar & Grill, Isabelle’s at the Peninsula Inn, Mangia Gourmet, Neptune Grille, O’Maddy’s, Pia’s Trattoria, and Smokin’ J’s BBQ. Tables will be assembled end-to-end to accommodate diners, and each restaurant will decorate its section with white tablecloths, china and glassware. Full table service will be included.
The Gulfport Chefs Table is donating all net profits donated to CASA (Community Action Stops Abuse), which offers services to survivors of domestic violence. Funds raised will be applied to the Sonia Raymund Foundation’s matching grant program for CASA’s new domestic violence shelter – so all donations generated from the Chefs Table event will be doubled!
For more information go to casa-stpete.org/gulfportchefstable or to the event page on Facebook. The Gulfport Chefs Table is sponsored by the Gulfport Merchants Association. For more information, call Daniel Hodge at 727-366-4086 or email to DHodge@GulfportMA.com.
Participating restaurants are listed below. Call the restaurant to make a reservation and payments. Prices include wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages.
For reservations call 727-323-8643
- 1st Course- Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad Grilled Heart of Romaine, Caesar Dressing, Parmesan Croutons, Sliced Tomato, Ricotta, Anchovies
- 2nd Course- Sea Scallops Seared Sea Scallops with a White Bean Puree, Crispy Prosciutto, Tomato Jam, Balsamic Syrup
- 3rd Course- BBQ Short Rib Slow roasted BBQ Short Rib with Sweet Corn Pudding, Maple Bourbon BBQ Sauce, Pickled Mustard Seeds
- 4th Course- French Toast Beignets Beignets, Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce, Powdered Sugar
Pia’s Trattoria, $80
For reservations call 727-327-2190
- 1st Course- Platters of Sliced Imported Italian Meats and Salamis, Stuffed Roasted Tomatoes, Marinated Olives, Sugared Grapes, Brie Panini and Imported Italian Cheeses, Family Style
- 2nd Course- Seafood Martini. Wood Grilled Scallops, Shrimp and Octopus, tossed with Grilled Citrus Fruit, Pear Tomatoes, Mint and Cilantro with a Splash of Amalfi Limone Gin
- 3rd Course- Veal Loin, Roasted with Morel Mushrooms, served with a Savory Corn and Truffle Mascarpone Cheesecake drizzled with a Cherry Chianti Reduction.
- 4th Course- Budino al Cioccolato. Italian Style Baked Chocolate Pudding with a Crispy Shell and Rich Dark Chocolate Creamy Center topped with a Shaved Chocolate Cannoli.
Mangia Gourmet, $65
For reservations call 727-321-6264
- 1st Course- Butternut Squash Soup with Pumpkin Croutons
- 2nd Course- Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad with Mixed Greens and Truffle Vinaigrette
- 3rd Course- Choice of: Apple Onion Polenta Stuffed Portobello with Port Fig Demi-Glace & Green Beans OR Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Soufflé, Cran Apple Chutney, Green Beans
- 4th Course- Choice of: Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust OR Vegan Burgundy Poached Pears with Berries
Backfin Blue, $60
For reservations call 727-343-2583
- 1st Course- Choice of: Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Candied Walnuts Tomato Avocado and Arugula with Feta
- 2nd Course- Choice of: Corn and Crab Chowder Blum’s Seafood Chowder
- 3rd Course- Choice of: Crab Sampler – Crab Cake and Portobello Imperial Prime Rib with Jumbo Lump Crab and Garlic Butter
- 4th Course- Home Made Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce
Neptune Grill, $50
For reservations call 727-623-4823
- 1st Course- Small Greek Salad - Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, peppers, onion, Kalamata olives, pepperoncinis, and feta cheese served with house vinaigrette dressing
- 2nd Course- Spinach Pie - Fresh Seasoned spinach with feta cheese baked in phyllo dough
- 3rd Course- Pastichio - Baked Macaroni, ground beef and spices topped with homemade béchamel and marinara sauce.
- 4th Course- Baklava
Fish Bar and Grill, $65
For reservations call 727-328-2720
- 1st Course- Local Style Ahi Poke-Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna, Citrus Ponzu Sauce, Sweet Onions, Seaweed Salad
- 2nd Course- Chopped Kale Salad with Craisins, Sunflower Seed, Crumbled Queso, Sweet Onion Vinaigrett
- 3rd Course- Ginger Crusted Opakapaka (Pink Snapper) with Mango Salsa
- 4th Course- Macadamia Nut Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream or Hula Pie
Isabelle's at the Peninsula Inn, $75
For reservations call 727-346-9800
- 1st Course- Shrimp and Grits
- 2nd Course- Southern Fried Green Tomato Salad with Pimiento Goat Cheese Balls and Toasted Pistachio
- 3rd Course- Choice of: Grilled Pork Chops with Apple Bourbon Glaze served with Asparagus Spears Fried Black Grouper over Angel Hair Pasta and finished with Heirloom Tomato and Herb Tapenade
- 4th Course- Assorted Mini Desserts (Key Lime Pie, Crème Brulee, Pecan Pie, Chocolate Mousse)
Boca Bay Grille, $65
For reservations call 727-201-8280
- 1st Course- Gazpacho
- 2nd Course- Cranberry and Spinach Salad
- 3rd Course- Steak & Shrimp Oscar 7oz. Beef Tenderloin, 4 Jumbo Shrimp, Crab Meat and Asparagus with a Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce
- 4th Course- Crème Brulee
Smokin J’s, $40
For reservations call 214-542-9587
- 1st Course- Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Poppers with Jalapeno
- 2nd Course- Caesar Salad
- 3rd Course- Half Rack Baby Back Ribs
- 4th Course- Home Made Carrot Cake
food & drinks
things to do