Posted By LocalShops1,
Thursday, July 28, 2016
Updated: Thursday, July 28, 2016
| Comments (0)
There's a new nonprofit helping to empower at-risk youths in St. Petersburg.
St. Pete Culinary Center's mission is to help teens and young adults build successful careers in the culinary industry, which is one of the fastest growing industries in the USA, according to their website, stpeteculinary.com. "Our program allows our students the ability to procure gainful employment and begin a rewarding career in the food service industry!" they write.
The nonprofit's board is an impressive mix of local restaurateurs and foodies:
- Chef Ted Dorsey, partner in The Mill restaurant in downtown St Petersburg. His resume also includes jobs at various local establishments, including Mise en Place, Ciro’s Speakeasy & Supper Club, Copperfish Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar and Hotel Zamora's Castile Restaurant.
- Jean Totti, board president, writer and moderator of WHAT THE FORK are you eating? on WordPress and Facebook; #wtfrueating on Instagram. Totti is working on a master's certificate in food writing and photography at the School of Journalism at USF St Petersburg.
- Frank Wells, president and CEO of Venture House and CEO of World Power & Water, a developer of utility-scale renewable energy projects. A sixth-generation resident of Pinellas County, Wells is a serial entrepreneur and committed to helping other local entrepreneurs.
- Lyndsey Shaw, local philanthropist, has served on boards and as an active volunteer for the Junior League of St. Pete, Clothes to Kids, Heart Gallery and many other local nonprofits. She also worked with Pinstripe Marketing as a senior project manager for nonprofits including Lupus Foundation of Florida, Southeastern Guide Dogs, SPCA Tampa Bay and others.
- Jason Griffin first started in the restaurant industry when he was just 12 years old. He has partnered with Chef Ted Dorsey to form the D&G Restaurant Group and open their first of many concepts, The Mill Restaurant.
For more information on the St Pete Culinary Center check out their website or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations are accepted through PayPal.
This post has not been tagged.