“Enlighten us, but make it quick” is the mantra and key to Ignite Tampa Bay, a fast-paced event filled with inspiring 5 minute talks, The event, in its third year, takes place 6 pm June 30 at the Historic Cuban Club in Ybor City.Through fast-paced, bite-sized presentations community members get on stage and share their personal or professional passion.
The lineup of speakers, chosen from a pool of more than 80 submissions, is sure to create a spark in the community:
- Rich Castellano: The Power of Smile
- Niel J. Guilarte: Connecting the Podcast Community via a Documentary.
- Omar Soliman: Move The World
- Jacob Redding: Next Wave of Open Source
- Marc Ensign: One thing that Matters
- Lisa Kirchner: Community Makers Make Change
- Steve Lazaridis: Bread
- Joran Oppelt: The Future of Religion
- Sean Davis: How You Can Learn to Crush That Little Voice Inside Your Head Saying…
- Todd Allen Joseph: A (Very) Brief Introduction to Cognitive Science
- Sandra Scott: How 3 Letters Changed Our Life
- Carl Vervisch: The Millennial Problem
- Ramesh Sambasivan: How Coworking in a Library is Like a Silent Disco
- Kyle Matthews: How We’re Beating Childhood Cancer with Computers
- Brian Willis: Back to the Future – Tampa’s Streetcar Neighborhoods Can Save Us
- Sven Boemeester: Tampa Bay the Next Dubai of the Americas
- John Foster: Bee Sting
- Heath Hawkins: A Radically Awesome Future of Education
- Jason Fraley: Trust – the main ingredient for flight
- Bill Carlson: Cuba
- Dr. Sean Stringer: Healing with Nutrition and Natural Therapies
Ignite Tampa Bay is produced by Technova Florida, a volunteer-run 501c3 non-profit dedicated to growing Tampa Bay’s technology community. Technova events include Barcamp Tampa Bay and Ignite, and the organization participates in Startup Weekend, CodeCamp, Startup Bus, Tampa Hackerspace, FIRST Robotics, Robocon and other events.
For more information contact Joy Randels at Joy@technovaflorida.org or 941-704-6084.