It's time for some serious bragging!
TripAdvisor has released its list of 25 top beaches in the nation, and not only are nine of them in Florida, but our very own St. Pete Beach came in at No. 2, second only to Siesta Beach just south of Sarasota. The beaches were selected based on votes from millions of TripAdvisor readers.
Here is the full list of their top 25:
1. Siesta Beach, Florida
2. St. Pete Beach, Florida
3. Ka'anapali Beach, Hawaii
4. Wai'anapanapa State Park, Hawaii
5. Pensacola Beach, Florida
6. La Jolla Cove, California
7. Kailua Beach Park, Hawaii
8. Clearwater Beach, Florida
9. St. Augustine Beach, Florida
10. Beach at Panama City, Florida
11. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, Hawaii
12. Poipu Beach Park, Hawaii
13. Ogunquit Beach, Maine
14. Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina
15. Manini'owali Beach (Kua Bay), Hawaii
16. Race Point Beach, Massachussetts
17. Newport Beach, California
18. Fort Myers Beach, Florida
19. Coronado Municipal Beach, California
20. Hollywood Beach, Florida
21. South Beach, Florida
22. Hanalei Beach, Hawaii
23. Carlsbad State Beach, California
24. Crystal Cove State Park, California
25. Ocean City Beach, Maryland
TripAdvisor is one of the world's largest travel sites. The company's branded sites reach 315 million monthly visitors worldwide.
News, Sales & Events
LocalShops1 features business news, including member events and promotions, as a free service. LocalShops1 is a coalition of hundreds of independently owned businesses and tens of thousands of energetic shoppers with the mission of advocating, promoting and offering support services to companies throughout Tampa Bay. Founded in August 2008, LocalShops1 is the region's most active voice for small businesses.