LocalShops1 is a proud supporter and official neighborhood champion for Small Business Saturday, a nationwide movement to encourage consumers to shop local. The day, founded by American Express in 2010, happens every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. To encourage more spending, American Express this year offered up to $30 back when shopping at small, independent businesses.
This year LocalShops1 was on location at the following local businesses on Small Business Saturday:
- Being, St. Petersburg
- Bo-tiki, Gulfport
- Brew D'Licious, St. Petersburg
- Central Oddities & Funk Living, St. Petersburg
- Country Harvest Crafts Studio, Gulfport
- Grand Kitchen and Bath, St. Petersburg
- Graphi-ko, St. Petersburg
- Red Hot Tiki Spicy Gourmet Market, Gulfport
- Shannon's Web, St. Petersburg
- Stash, a Place for Yarn, St. Petersburg
- T and Me Tea Co., Gulfport
- Three Birds Tavern, St. Petersburg
LocalShops1 is a coalition of hundreds of independently owned businesses and tens of thousands of energetic shoppers with the mission of advocating, promoting and offering support services to companies throughout Tampa Bay. Founded in August 2008, LocalShops1 is the region's most active voice for small businesses.