Gulfport, Fla. --
LocalShops1 members and friends gathered for the latest in LocalShops1's
Lunchtime Speaker Series at Tangelo's Grille in Gulfport.
speaker was marketing pro Lisa Demmi, owner of Cake -- sweet promotional concepts in
Tampa. Lisa led a discussion about the good, the bad and the ugly when
it comes to networking:
What's networking, she asked. And she started by saying what it's NOT.
not collecting business cards or shoving your cards in people's faces.
It's not about shaking hands with everyone at the Chamber mixer.
most important, it's not about YOU, Lisa Demmi told us.
Networking is about getting to know other businesses, and helping them
out. With no expectations, no demands, no pay-it-forward promises.
goal is to broaden your network.
Who was there?
- Lisa Sax Braman, host, Tangelo's Grill in Gulfport
- Robin King, Three Birds Tavern in St. Petersburg
- Emmanuel Roux, Gateau O Chocolat in St. Petersburg
- Billie-Jo Grassinger Bell, Tampa Bay Natural Health in Largo
- Susan Leonidas, Your Travel And Cruise Concierge in Brandon
- Scott Roberts, The Peaceful Warrior in St. Petersburg
- Dave Hollowell, Insurance Underwriters in St. Petersburg
- Tim Horton, Tampa Bay Discount Mattress in Tampa and Palm Harbor
- Barbara Langford, Go Big Apps in Tampa
- Vicki Beachangel, Beachangels Weddings in Largo
- Kathy Jones, Big Blue Marble Vacations in Gulfport
- And from us here at LocalShops1, Ester and Mo Venouziou
For more from Lisa Demmi and her tips on networking, check out her blog.